9/20/2013

réalisateur

This is the time of the year where not only fashion week is taking place, but also various film festivals. Not to mention Oscar ~season - please roll out all the bait-worthy films! However I am really looking forward to this film.. it looks amazing. Somehow French films just seem more romantic and perfect (this is pure stereotyping, I know I know. But everyone thinks Paris is the city of love and romance and there must be at least a grain of truth in that). The music in French films is just astounding as well, I have discovered so much new and good music from various films. Really looking forward to this. Doubt that it will screen in Singapore though... well there is the internet for that.


Blue Is The Warmest Colour

I really think that the essence of a good film is in the music though. No matter how amazing a film is, without music it just falls terribly flat. Amazing music by Beach House in the trailer;


Take Care by Beach House

Obligatory shout out to one of my favourite French films, albeit from a Canadian director. But no one's complaining.


Laurence Anyways

I have discovered a slew of awesome music just from this trailer alone. Xavier Dolan is so talented (pardon my gushing for a moment) and he is only 24?! My rather recent love for electronic music probably stems from watching his movies.


A New Error by Moderat


Bad Kingdom by Moderat
 
All these amazing art is literally making me feel inadequate so I shall check out right about now - to go and listen to more amazing music. Yes.

Other songs currently on repeat atm:
Gun by CHRVCHES
Things We Lost In The Fire by Bastille
Wild by Beach House  
Shell Games by Bright Eyes  
Tell Mama by The Civil Wars

No comments :

Post a Comment